Coursera is a wonderful place to learn new things – from art history to sales to cybersecurity. Coursera makes a university education available to anyone who wants it – free of charge.
In fact, it’s how I learned to code. And about algorithms. And machine learning. Data visualization. Statistical modeling. Music theory. And more.
Unsurprisingly, given that the organization has courses in user experience and design, the website is very very well done.
They use color masterfully to both put the visitor at ease, while drawing the eye to important social proof, as well as buttons and links to click.
The copywriting is short and compelling, designed to quickly share a nugget, arouse curiosity, and get you to engage deeper into the site.
They use whitespace liberally in order to give your eye a break and lead it to the next thing they want you to focus on.
The search bar at the top makes it easy for someone who already knows what they’re looking for to search the thousands of courses and find what they’re looking for nearly instantaneously.
In fact, it looks like the search bar + the large menu near the footer are designed to get the visitor into a course…there aren’t many pages of ‘information’ or too much ‘why us’ sales copy…just the home/landing page and then links to specializations or courses you might find interesting.
They make conversion nearly inevitable – not only in terms of their offer…but also how easy it is to claim it.
- "Clean" design
- Clear "Calls to Action" for enhanced conversion
- Good typographical contrast
- Bold, engaging design
- Modern, Professional design
- Custom icons
- Visual testimonials
- "Personal" feel with a lot of photos of real people
- Gentle color palette reinforces trust, puts the user at east, while bold buttons make it clear where you're supposed to click
- Bright colors in the photos & logos draw the eye to the information they want you to focus on
- Custom filters + graphics on stock photos don't make them seem so "stock"
- Short, punchy sentences. Goal is to arouse interest & earn clicks
- Nice background pattern
- Great social proof
- Interesting footer at the bottom with access to many different parts of the site
SuperWebPros has no affiliation with this company or its creative, including its website. We did not design, do not host, and do not maintain any digital assets for this company. It is presented merely for demonstration and evaluative purposes.